Art is something that has been created with a lot of difficulty and conviction. These masterpieces of creativity need the best of facilities, but sometimes the going gets tough and the artist needs to move the best art pieces to a self-storage unit. This may sound a little dramatic, but the feeling is similar to that of separation due to borders. Artists can opt for self-storage in Tamworth if they feel the art pieces are worth protecting, yet need to be kept safely for some time. Taking up an artwork to a self-storage unit is tough, but the decision will only be fruitful. You will reap the benefits later. For those who are sceptic about the condition of the artwork in a self-storage unit, a little preventive action can be helpful.
Here are 3 tips that will ensure a safe journey of your artwork in the self-storage unit.
- Wrapping: Wrapping is the first and most crucial step to keep your artwork safe. There are a lot of options for wrapping, but you need to give attention to the need of your artwork. Your artwork needs proper ventilation and a shield of protection from bugs and insects as well. Plastic wrap or bubble wrap won’t serve the purpose and moreover, they will also condense moisture which will result in spoiling your beloved artwork. You should rather use foam, tissue paper, or breathable covers to wrap your artwork. When you are going to store canvas paintings in self-storage in Tamworth, you might use cardboard or wood to give that extra protection. Whatever you do, make sure you use the right kind of wrapping process for your artwork.
- Careful Transport: The necessity of transporting packaged items to the self-storage unit increases when an artwork is considered. You need to make sure the artwork is transported carefully to the destination. Proper steps like choosing a self-storage unit that with elevator, and carrying it in an appropriate car reduce the risk of damage.
- Appropriate Shelving: This is the last step of storing the artwork in self-storage in Tamworth. Once you have wrapped and transported your masterpiece to the storage unit, you need to make sure that it remains the same way till you take it out. Shelving will sort out many problems that you might face. This is the best option to keep your art off the ground. There are several potential risks of keeping the artwork on the ground. There are chances of your artwork soaking in a lot of moisture and not get proper air circulation that can lead to its damage. Once you have got the right storage place with the right kind of shelves, you need to make sure you have separated the art pieces from each other with the help of another protective layer like cloth, foam and felt.
These are the steps you need to take in order to protect your artwork in the self-storage unit. There are few more DoNots that you should pay attention to if you want your experience of storing artwork for a long time to be a sweet one.
The Do Nots:
There are certain things that you should avoid while opting for self-storage in Tamworth for storing your artwork. You should be careful about these specifically to keep your piece of art safe for the longest period of time.
- Avoid Attics and Basements
- Avoid Direct Sunlight
- Avoid Concrete Floors and Walls
- Avoid Direct Heat
Now that you have an idea on what you need to avoid and what you need to take care of, you are ready to move your artwork to a new space. Choosing self-storage in Tamworth can turn out to be a wise decision if you take proper care of the packing. The last piece of advice, however, would be to take an insurance for your artwork. It can provide you with that much-needed peace of mind.